The True Nature of Contribution
To contribute, is toAPPRECIATE every moment as it is!
To contribute is to LOVE unconditionally, both yourself and others!
To contribute is to BREATHE in freedom, ease and fluidity!
To contribute is to offer and receive SIMULTANEOUSLY!
To contribute is to LIVE fully!
Isn’t it wonderful to realize that the true nature of Contribution is to act like the Universe, without expectation or attachment? Isn’t it wonderful that the simple act of breathing is the ultimate sign of our Contribution to the planet? And isn’t it inspiring to recognize that we contribute to the collective well-being by living connected to our heart?
Each breathing cycle involves the action of inhaling and exhaling. It would never occur to us to hold our breath indefinitely. Likewise, it’s impossible for the human body to breathe out without breathing in again – that’s how we stay alive.
Interesting, isn’t it? Breathing is an essential attribute of life and it assists us in contributing through our Presence, so offering and receiving dance together with no possibility of leaving one of them out. Just as offering and receiving are inseparable through breath; offering and receiving are intimately linked through every thought, feeling and action in our lives.
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE
Let me tell you about my experience with contribution. From my earliest childhood, the word “contribution” meant giving and offering to others. This is how I progressed through life into adulthood, without questioning the notion.
To be a “good” person, you had to contribute to the family, to society, to various charitable organizations and so on. It was always within the limits of what was possible, depending on the time or money available. My mother always said, “Charity begins with oneself.” However, what I received was rather contradictory, as we always had to think of others BEFORE ourselves… whether it was about the food available on the table or anything else. Everyone came first and we came last… of course, if there was anything left over. Good little girl that I was, I didn’t question what I considered to be two opposing notions. ☺
Many years later, I still had that same learned behavior of putting everyone else before myself. At a family dinner with Bernard and our 5 children, I would prepare everyone’s plates, making sure the portions were fair. I remember those moments when I felt tense, because it was so important to me that everyone felt equally loved and treated fairly.
During that dinner, having prepared and served everyone’s plates, I vividly remember the look on Bernard’s face as he looked at my plate, which I must admit was thin. I was so used to doing this that I didn’t even realize it, until Bernard took my plate and circled around the dinner table, and took a portion from each child and his own so that my plate would be roughly as full as the others. And he said, “No, no… that’s not how it works… we share what’s available.” And that’s when I really understood… truly grasped that if I continued to treat myself that way, the Universe would do the same.
BACK TO THE PRESENT MOMENT
Needless to say, my relationship with Contribution has changed considerably since then.
When we look at how society asks us to contribute, we quickly realize that this way of doing things is polarized… if we offer our time, energy, and money, we’re left with less. So it’s limited. But we want to be a good person so we do it, even if we feel pressure to do so, so we don’t feel guilty or judged. Or we do it out of habit or to look good by offering large amounts of money, for example, or we constantly give our time to others while neglecting our own projects and well-being.
Contribution lived in Neutrality frees us from the barriers of limits and gives us access to Abundance as our Birthright! We feel when it’s the highest opportunity to contribute to a cause, a particular person, an organization… if we feel it deeply in our hearts, when we offer time, energy or money, we feel fulfilled AT THE SAME TIME as we give.
And by the way, that’s not the same as saying, “I’d rather give than receive.” I also preferred giving to receiving for the longest time… but that was the structure of the ego, which felt in a position of power when giving and vulnerable when receiving. Once again, I had to go through difficult situations to force myself to receive… which I didn’t like at all. However, it was at this moment that for the first time, I also felt the joy that others experienced when giving and so I sent the ego on vacation… ☺
From this experience came the inspiration to explore breathing more deeply. As I inhale, I receive; as I exhale, I give. The natural cycle of breathing is to inhale and exhale, receiving air, oxygen, and particles of consciousness WHILE releasing the overflow by exhaling.
We often hear that breathing out releases and relaxes tension, and this is
absolutely true… but after a few deep, conscious breaths, the natural breathing cycle resumes, and that’s when the magic happens!
We inhale all the “nutrients” required for the physical body, of course, but also to continue opening our consciousness and expanding… so these particles of consciousness we inhale integrate into our cells as we exhale. And if unwanted particles remain inside us, they’ll be released externally as we exhale…
PLENITUDE BREATHING EXERCISE
I invite you to practice a new way of breathing… one that combines the two elements of a complete breath: inhalation and exhalation.
- Make yourself comfortable and take a few deep breaths.
- Simply be aware of your body breathing.
- Now turn your attention to your inhalation: be aware of the journey air and oxygen take from your nose to your lungs.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Next, welcome the particles of consciousness that join the air you breathe in. It doesn’t matter whether you feel them or not. They can be as bright as stars, as gentle as a breeze, as powerful as fire, or simply invisible and imperceptible. Let yourself be lulled by the gentle inner massage.
- Of course, make sure you exhale between each inhalation! ☺ But for now,just be aware of the journey the particles take as you inhale. Now allow theair, oxygen and particles of consciousness to make their way to your belly. And let your belly expand.
- Repeat 5-10 times, or more if you feel like it.
- PAUSE WITH NATURAL BREATHING FOR 1-2 MINUTES.
- Do you feel a difference inside? Remember, there are no right or wrong answers.
- Now continue inhaling while bringing your attention on the particles of consciousness.
- And as you exhale through the mouth, release the excess pressure and “unconscious” particles, i.e., buried memories, learned patterns, and inner disharmonies.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times, or more, if you feel like it.
- And now, on the next exhalation, feel the particles of consciousness of Love, Joy, Peace, and Harmony integrate into your cells.
- At first, you’ll feel it more in your chest. With practice, however, the feeling extends to your fingertips, toes, and the top of your head.
- The particles of consciousness bring with them even more Qualities of the Heart: they bring and integrate Appreciation, Courage, Lightness, and Vitality.
- Let them sail through your body. Let them navigate through your body. They know the way… simply observe them in a neutral manner. Repeat 5 to 10 times, or more, if you feel like it.
- Continue by bringing your attention to the exhalation of these Qualities of the Heart: Compassion, Wonder, Kindness and Prosperity.
- Allow them to join their companions, all the other Qualities of the Heart, in a harmonious, graceful, and energizing dance.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times, or more if you feel like it.
- Plenitude is now reactivated or amplified within you… in every cell.
- When you’re filled from the inside out, the vibration of Plenitude infuses the space around you, so you return to the Source of who you really are… You access the Return to the Essence of your Ultimate Lifestyle!
- Welcome… Appreciate… Celebrate Life!
And there you have it! By nurturing this Plenitude Breathing and practicing it daily, you CONTRIBUTE to Humanity, through YOU and for YOU!
There’s no longer any sacrifice required, such as always putting others first.
Rather, it’s the opposite: we welcome and are in Plenitude, and then assist others with our overflow!
The True Nature of Contribution is to LIVE and fully ENJOY our human experience… by BREATHING in Plenitude and LOVING without conditions, without judgment, without limit… in doing so, we SIMULTANEOUSLY receive and offer!!!!
I am filled with so much appreciation and gratitude in sharing the Plenitude Effect with all its blessings and even more so in recognizing that the Heart will regain its letters of nobility in 2024! WoW! I’m so touched!!!
I’d like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us for free for the “Heart Qualities Marathon Training”. All you have to do is join us on the Facebook group Return to the Essence of the Ultimate Lifestyle and follow my posts to this effect!
With Pure Love,